Only a couple of years ago, we couldn’t imagine remote work being that common. Both businesses and individuals now enjoy the opportunities it offers. If you need something from a remote computer, it’s not necessary to get it in person; you can access the machine via one of the dedicated services, regardless of how far away it is. Continue reading
Here at MSP360, we are constantly improving our Backup software and adding new features to make your backup routines more convenient and reliable. In this guide, we introduce the new version of CloudBerry Backup, version 7.2, with an important Immutability feature. Read on to learn more. Continue reading
Here at MSP360, we are constantly working on improving and adding new features to our Backup software. We are developing the software for you - our clients - and we would like to hear from you what you think about the new features. That's why we are starting a BETA testing initiative for our customers, and the first application we would like to present for your judgment and review is CloudBerry Backup 7.4 with its awesome new features.
New Backup Format for Hyper-V
This is one of the most important features of this version, which also includes a ton of improvements and optimizations, such as:
- Improved Performance. Drastically increases the speed of the backup itself, meaning that the time required for the backup to finish is reduced to a fraction.
- Client-Side Deduplication. The new backup format allows backup of deduplicated data to storage. Deduplication is done directly on the client-side, reducing both the amount of data sent to storage and the time needed for upload.
- Consistency Checks. In the new backup format, we make sure that all files required for the restore point exist in backup storage.
- Synthetic Full Backup. This is another key feature of the new backup format. A synthetic full backup is a type of subsequent full backup that makes a comparison with the previously backed-up data on the storage and uploads only the current changes from the backup source. Synthetic full backup helps to reduce the amount of data uploaded and accelerates the creation of a full backup.
- Retention Policy. The retention policy is simplified and easier to use. You only need to choose the period for which the backups should be kept.
This is another important feature. Allows you to connect to a Hyper-V cluster and back up the virtual machines remotely.
When copying logs and other important data, it's important to be sure that this data is protected. Using the native features of Amazon S3, you can configure a bucket to protect the integrity of your data. For example, you can prevent an object from being deleted or overwritten.
The long-awaited ability to backup EFS-encrypted files. Used in most corporate domains and one of the most accessible security features for Windows users.
Performance Improvements in Restoring from Cloud for Image-Based Backup/VM
As much as the backup needs to be fast, it is even more important for the restore process to be even faster. That's why we have also improved the restore speed for our most popular backup modes.
We are excited to announce that the latest edition of CloudBerry Backup Desktop Free Edition now allows users to protect up to 5 TB of data when using Amazon S3! Continue reading
In this guide, we will introduce the new backup format of CloudBerry Backup 7.0 and walk you through the main steps to creating a backup plan.
When it comes to protecting your virtual environment, the main question that you face is which approach to choose. Depending on your virtual environment, MSP360 Backup offers two possible ways you can choose from: guest-level or host-level backup. Continue reading
MSP360 Managed Backup 6.3.3 VM Edition brings three new restore options for your Hyper-V virtual machine backups. They are: Continue reading
With the new MSP360 Managed Backup 6.3.3 version, we've brought new and enhanced restore functionality for Hyper-V virtual machines. In this article, we will review these features and discuss the new approach that we've developed.
As always, we are really glad to tell you about the new features we have implemented in our Office 365 / G Suite Backup Solution. The most popular features you have requested previously were carefully chosen, “weighted” and added to the development roadmap. Now let me dive in with some more details of these features: Continue reading